- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL 2012-2015 – Master of Science, Veterinary Medical Sciences, summa cum laude
- Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, MS 2006-2010 – Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, summa cum laude
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS 2003-2006 – Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, summa cum laude
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL 2012-2016 – Residency in Small Animal Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 2011-2012 – PennHIP Orthopedic Research Fellow
- Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO 2010-2011 – Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
Teaching Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 2013-2015
VEM 5402L, Introduction to Surgery of Domestic Animals
• Provided instruction and assistance to second year veterinary students in laboratory sessions teaching topics in basic surgical technique and culminating in live animal ovariohysterectomies and castrations
Teaching Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 2012-2015
VEM5433, Advanced Small Animal Surgery
• Provided instruction and assistance to fourth year veterinary students in laboratory sessions
teaching advanced soft tissue and orthopedic surgical topics
• Gave a lecture entitled “Surgical Management of Abdominal Trauma” each year
Teaching Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL Fall 2012
VEM 5101, Veterinary Gross Anatomy
• Provided instruction and assistance to first year veterinary students daily in small animal gross anatomy laboratory
- Wallace ML, Ellison GW, Giglio R, Berry C, Batich C, Case JB, Kim SE. “Attenuation of an intraabdominal vein using a silicone/polyacrylic acid gradual venous occlusion device in dogs and cats: an invivo study.” Submitted to the American Journal of Veterinary Research (June 2015)
- Wallace ML, MacPhail C, Monnet E. “Incidence of Post-Operative Neurologic Complications in Pugs Following Portosystemic Shunt Surgery: 1998-2010.” Submitted to the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association (June 2015)
- Wallace ML, Case JB, Singh A, Ellison GW, Monnet E. “Single incision laparoscopic-assisted ovariohysterectomy for mucometra and pyometra in dogs.” Vet Surg. 2015 Jun 19. doi: 10.1111/vsu.12344 (Epub ahead of print)
- Wallace ML, Ellison GW, Batich C, Case JB, Kim SE. “In vitro development of a polyacrylic acid/silicone venous slow occlusion device for the attenuation of portosystemic shunts.” Accepted by the American Journal of Veterinary Research (May 2015)
- Case JB, Boscan PL, Monnet EL, Imhoff DJ, Wallace ML, Smeak DD. “Comparison of surgical variables and pain in cats undergoing ovariohysterectomy, laparoscopic-assisted ovariohysterectomy, and laparoscopic ovariectomy”. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2015; 51: 1-7.
- Wallace M, Selmic L, Withrow SJ. “Diagnostic utility of abdominal ultrasonography for routine staging at diagnosis of skeletal osteosarcoma in dogs”. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2013; 49: 243-245.
- Wallace M, Lathan P, Brinkman-Ferguson E. “What is Your Diagnosis? Pulmonary B-Cell Lymphoma in the Canine Patient”. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2012; 240: 1063-1065.