Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
- Molecular Genetics
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Physiology
- Germ Cell and Embryonic Development
- Cell Division and Genomic Stability
- PhD University of Guelph, Canada
- MSc Univeristy of Guelph, Canada
- BSc McMaster University, Canada
- Principles of Physiology II (VPHY 5112 | VPHY 7112) *course coordinator
- Mammalian Cell Physiology (VPHY 8010)
- Applied Integrative Material I (VETM 5140)
- Undergraduate Research Courses (VPHY 4960H, -4070H, -4080H and -4990H)
- Baumann C, Wang X, Yang L, and Viveiros MM (2017) Error-prone meiotic division and subfertility in mice with oocyte conditional knockdown of pericentrin. Journal of Cell Science, 130(7):1251-1262.
- De La Fuente R, Baumann C and Viveiros MM (2016) Epigenetic Modifications during Mammalian Oogenesis: Emerging roles of Chromatin Structure during Oocyte Growth and Meiotic Maturation.   Epigenetics in Human Reproduction and Development. Chapter 2: p35-58
- Baumann C and Viveiros MM (2015) Meiotic spindle assessment in mouse oocytes by siRNA-mediated silencing.  Invited Article. Journal of Visualized Experiments 104 (Oct. 11) doi:10.3791/53586
- Ma W, Baumann C, and Viveiros MM (2015) Lack of Protein Kinase C-Delta (PKCδ) disrupts fertilization and embryonic development.  Molecular Reproduction and Development 82 (10): 797-808
- De La Fuente R, Baumann C, and Viveiros MM (2015) ATRX contributes to epigenetic asymmetry and silencing of major satellite transcripts in the maternal genome of the mouse embryo.  Development 142 (10); 1806-1817
- Ma W, and Viveiros MM (2014) Depletion of pericentrin in mouse oocytes disrupts microtubule-organizing center (MTOC) function and meiotic spindle organization.  Molecular Reproduction and Development 81 (11): 1019-1029
- Baumann C, Viveiros MM and De La Fuente R (2013) Epigenetic Modifications during Oocyte Growth and Meiotic Progression.  Oocyte Physiology and Development in Domestic Animals. Chapter 7: p111-144
- De La Fuente R, Baumann C, and Viveiros MM (2012) Chromatin Structure and ATRX Function in Mouse Ooctyes.  Results and Problems in Cell Differentiation 55: 45-68
- De La Fuente R, Baumann C, and Viveiros MM (2011) Role of ATRX in chromatin structure and function: implications for chromosome instability and human disease.  Reproduction 142 (2): 221-234
- Ma W, Baumann C, and Viveiros MM. (2010) NEDD1 is crucial for meiotic spindle stability and accurate chromosome segregation in mammalian oocytes. Developmental Biology 339: 439-450.
- De La Fuente R, Baumann C, Yang F and Viveiros MM (2010). Chromatin Remodeling in Mammalian Oocytes. -Oogenesis The Universal Process. Chapter 18: p447-478.
- Baumann C, Viveiros MM and De La Fuente R (2010) Loss of maternal ATRX function results in centromere instability and a high incidence of aneuploidy in the mammalian oocyte and pre-implantation embryo.  PLoS Genetics 6(9) e1001137
- Ma W, Koch JA, and Viveiros MM (2008). Protein Kinase C-delta (PKCd) interacts with microtubule organizing center (MTOC)-associated proteins and participates in meiotic spindle organization. Developmental Biology 320 (2): 414-425.
- Viveiros MM, O’Brien M, and Eppig JJ (2004). Protein kinase C (PKC) activity regulates the onset of anaphase I in mouse oocytes. Biology of Reproduction 71: 1525-1532.
- Eppig JJ, Viveiros MM, Bivens C and De La Fuente R (2004). Regulation of Mammalian Oocyte Maturation. The Ovary. 2nd Edition. Editors: P.C.K. Leung and E.Y. Adashi. Elsevier Science Publishers San Diego CA. p113-12.
- De La Fuente R, Viveiros MM, Burns KH, Adashi EY, Matzuk MM and Eppig JJ (2004). Major chromatin remodeling in the germinal vesicle (GV) of mammalian oocytes is dispensable for global transcriptional silencing but required for centromeric heterochromatin function.Developmental Biology 275 (2): 447-458.
- Viveiros MM, O’Brien M, Wigglesworth K and Eppig JJ (2003).Characterization of protein kinase C-d in mouse oocytes throughout meiotic maturation and following egg activation. Biology of Reproduction 69: 1494-1499.
- Burns KH*, Viveiros MM*, Ren Y* (equal contribution), Wang P, DeMayo F, Eppig JJ, Frail D and Matzuk MM (2003). Role of mammalian nucleoplasmin 2 in nuclear and nucleolar organization.Science 300: 633-636.
- Wu X, Viveiros MM, Eppig JJ, Bai Y, Fitzpatrick S and Matzuk MM (2003). Zygotic arrest (Zar1) a novel maternal effect gene critical for the oocyte to embryonic transition. Nature Genetics 33(2): 187-191
- Matzuk MM, Burns KH, Viveiros MM and Eppig JJ (2002). Intercellular communication in mammalian ovarian follicles: oocytes carry the conversation. Review. Science 296: 2178-2180