Sunday, June 19 – Saturday, June 25, 2016
VetCAMP (Veterinary Career Aptitude and Mentoring Program) will house up to 52 high school students on UGA’s campus for seven days. At VetCAMP, students will be involved in various activities aimed at evaluating their skills and competitiveness as future veterinarians, providing mentorship and helping them experience veterinary medicine as an exciting career path. Click here to view the VetCAMP multimedia story on YouTube that UGA Public Affairs produced.
The seven-day-long on-site summer program will provide opportunities for observation of and participation in various services in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center and the Diagnostic Laboratories, as well as a field trip to the Georgia Aquarium for a behind-the-scenes view of the facilities.
Other activities include information sessions on admission requirements, research opportunities, the curriculum, study abroad opportunities, and other underserved specializations in the field of veterinary medicine.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for VetCAMP, students must be current 10th, 11th or 12th grade high school students (at the time of application) who are interested in the veterinary profession.
Completed application packets must have been received at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine Office for Academic Affairs by Friday, January 29, 2016, for a student to be considered for VetCAMP.
Completed application packets include:
- VetCAMP Application Form
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form (only one form per student is needed)
- Official High School Transcript
- $20 Application Fee
Your acceptance to VetCAMP is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine’s Office of Academic Affairs.
Accepted student notifications will be emailed to the address listed on the VetCAMP application by Friday, February 26, 2016.
Cost to Attend VetCAMP
The cost of attending the program is $900 and covers lodging, meals, instruction and social activities.
Scholarships or financial assistance are available to those students with demonstrated need. For more information please contact Parker Moore at 706.542.9975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students accepted into VetCAMP, fees are due by Friday, April 1, 2016.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you have been accepted into VetCAMP, but cannot attend, all cancellations must be submitted in writing. The individual who made the original payment will receive:
- A full refund, less a administrative fee of $30, if cancellation is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 22, 2016.
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 6, 2016.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 3 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Tentative VetCAMP Schedule
- Registration and move into UGA Housing Complex
- Group photo
- Tour of College of Veterinary Medicine and Hospital
- Team Building Activities
- Welcome Dinner
- Tour of off-campus facilities (farms and PDRC)
- Veterinary student-facilitated classes
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Georgia Aquarium
- VetCAMP presentations
- Awards ceremony breakfast