Sunday, June 7 - Saturday, June 13, 2020
VetCAMP 2020 has been canceled.
We have made the unfortunate decision to cancel VetCAMP for this year. We understand that this will be disappointing to many, but the safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we look forward to our 2021 event.
Serious about veterinary medicine? VetCAMP is the summer program for you to really find out.
What is VetCAMP?
VetCAMP (Veterinary Career Aptitude and Mentoring Program) is a week-long, on-campus summer program for high school students. At VetCAMP, students experience veterinary medicine – and will be involved in activities aimed at evaluating their skills and competitiveness as future veterinarians. The week is filled with visits and hand-on learning at our veterinary teaching hospital, diagnostic labs, and the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center — and highlighted by a behind-the-scenes tour of the Georgia Aquarium. In addition, VetCampers learn about what vet school is all about – from admissions to classes to study abroad opportunities, to the wide variety of career paths veterinary medicine has to offer!
- Online application
- $20 application fee
- Teacher/counselor recommendation form (emailed directly from teacher/counselor as a PDF attachment to email@example.com)
- High school transcript
- YouTube video answering prompt
Please note that all application materials must be RECEIVED BY posted deadline.
Application and program deadlines
- January 24, 2020 – all application materials must be received
- February 21, 2020 – applicants are notified of our decision via email
- April 3, 2020 – program fee for accepted applicants is due
- April 24, 2020 – full refund of program fee, less a $20 administrative fee, if cancellation is received in writing by 5PM EDT
- May 8, 2020 – refund of 50% of program fee, less a $20 administrative fee, if the cancellation request is received in writing by 5PM EDT