Department of Infectious Diseases
CVI Affiliated Faculty, Fred C. Davison Distinguished University Chair in Veterinary Medicine, GRA Distinguished Investigator, Professor
Immunology | Infectious Diseases
- Paramyxovirus-host interactions
- Innate immunity
- Vaccine development
- Emerging paramyxovirus and oncolytic virus
Search PubMed for “he b AND Georgia”
- Chen Z, Zhou M, Gao X, Zhang G, Ren G, Gnanadurai CW, Fu ZF, He B. A novel rabies vaccine based on a recombinant parainfluenza virus 5 expressing rabies virus glycoprotein. J Virol. 2013 Mar;87(6):2986-93.
- Chen Z, Xu P, Salyards GW, Harvey SB, Rada B, Fu ZF, He B. Evaluating a parainfluenza virus 5-based vaccine in a host with pre-existing immunity against parainfluenza virus 5. PLoS One. 2012;7(11):e50144
- Mooney AJ, Li Z, Gabbard JD, He B, Tompkins SM. Recombinant parainfluenza virus 5 vaccine encoding the influenza virus hemagglutinin protects against H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza virus infection following intranasal or intramuscular vaccination of BALB/c mice. J Virol. 2013 Jan;87(1):363-71.
- Li Z, Mooney AJ, Gabbard JD, Gao X, Xu P, Place RJ, Hogan RJ, Tompkins SM, He B. Recombinant parainfluenza virus 5 expressing hemagglutinin of influenza A virus H5N1 protected mice against lethal highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N1 challenge. J Virol. 2013 Jan;87(1):354-62.
- Xu P, Luthra P, Li Z, Fuentes S, D’Andrea JA, Wu J, Rubin S, Rota PA, He B. The V protein of mumps virus plays a critical role in pathogenesis. J Virol. 2012 Feb;86(3):1768-76.
- Sun D, Xu P, He B. Sumoylation of the P protein at K254 plays an important role in growth of parainfluenza virus 5. J Virol. 2011 Oct;85(19):10261-8.
- Sun D, Luthra P, Xu P, Yoon H, He B. Identification of a phosphorylation site within the P protein important for mRNA transcription and growth of parainfluenza virus 5. J Virol. 2011 Aug;85(16):8376-85.
- Xu P, Li Z, Sun D, Lin Y, Wu J, Rota PA, He B. Rescue of wild-type mumps virus from a strain associated with recent outbreaks helps to define the role of the SHORF in the pathogenesis of mumps virus. Virology. 2011 Aug 15;417(1):126-36.
- Luthra P, Sun D, Silverman RH, He B. Activation of IFN-β expression by a viral mRNA through RNase L and MDA5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Feb 1;108(5):2118-23.
- Li Z, Xu J, Patel J, Fuentes S, Lin Y, Anderson D, Sakamoto K, Wang LF, He B. Function of the small hydrophobic protein of J paramyxovirus. J Virol. 2011 Jan;85(1):32-42.