All the places to find yourself
At the CVM we have a long list of clubs and organizations – there’s something for everyone! All of them are overseen by the Student American Veterinary Medical Association Chapter (SAVMAC).
The Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) was created in 1969 as the national organization for veterinary students, in order to foster communication between individual chapters. Currently, SAVMA is comprised of 36 student chapters (30 in the U.S., one in Canada, two in the Caribbean, and three in the United Kingdom) and one associate organization representing a total of over 16,000 veterinary student members.
SAVMA’s mission is to support, empower, and inspire all veterinary students in improving their lives, education and career, along with securing a better future for our profession through collaboration with our parent organization, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
The University of Georgia’s SAVMA Chapter strives to introduce veterinary students to the concept of organized veterinary medicine; to promote, enhance and support professionalism and veterinary medical education; and to encourage the development and empowerment of students as leaders in the profession of veterinary medicine and the community as a whole.
The UGA SAVMA Chapter oversees and provides funding for more than 20 student clubs, as well as offers leadership scholarships and award funding to help offset travel expenses to education-related externships and conferences.
- President – Alli Norton, email@example.com
- Vice President – Kat Losego, firstname.lastname@example.org
- President-Elect – Regan Smith, email@example.com
- Treasurer – Danielle McNabney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer-Elect – Stephanie Carmody, email@example.com
- Recording Secretary – Kam Gadawski, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recording Secretary-Elect – Chloe Thorbrogger, email@example.com
- SAVMA Senior Delegate – Jillian Garrity, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAVMA Junior Delegate – Vitoria Kuzolitz, email@example.com
- Auction Chair – Alyssa Plummer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social and Outreach Chair – Alexandra Hoven, email@example.com
- Corporate Interaction Chair – Wes Tindall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Interaction Chair-Elect – Brittany Ryals
- Faculty Advisors – Drs. Mary Hondalus and Sherry Sanderson
Corporations or Veterinary Practices interested in interacting with our students should contact the Corporate Interaction Committee members listed above and also read the Corporate and Veterinary Practice Policy located in the sidebar of this page.