All the places to find yourself
At the CVM we have a long list of clubs and organizations – there’s something for everyone! All of them are overseen by the Student American Veterinary Medical Association Chapter (SAVMAC).
The Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) was created in 1969 as the national organization for veterinary students, in order to foster communication between individual chapters. Currently, SAVMA is comprised of 36 student chapters (30 in the U.S., one in Canada, two in the Caribbean, and three in the United Kingdom) and one associate organization representing a total of over 16,000 veterinary student members.
SAVMA’s mission is to support, empower, and inspire all veterinary students in improving their lives, education and career, along with securing a better future for our profession through collaboration with our parent organization, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
The University of Georgia’s SAVMA Chapter strives to introduce veterinary students to the concept of organized veterinary medicine; to promote, enhance and support professionalism and veterinary medical education; and to encourage the development and empowerment of students as leaders in the profession of veterinary medicine and the community as a whole.
The UGA SAVMA Chapter oversees and provides funding for more than 20 student clubs, as well as offers leadership scholarships and award funding to help offset travel expenses to education-related externships and conferences.
- President – Will Hamryka, email@example.com
- Vice President – Jennifer Kolwicz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- President-Elect – Alli Norton, email@example.com
- Treasurer – Hannah Craig, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer-Elect – Danielle McNabney, email@example.com
- Recording Secretary – Sarah Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recording Secretary-Elect – Kameron Gadawski, email@example.com
- SAVMA Senior Delegate -Erika Delker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAVMA Junior Delegate – Jillian Garrity, email@example.com
- Auction Chair – Ruth Barrow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social and Outreach Chair – Alexandra Hoven, email@example.com
- Corporate Interaction Chair – Wes Tindall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisors – Drs. Mary Hondalus and Sherry Sanderson
Corporations that are interested in contacting or presenting to our students should review our Policy on Corporate Interaction in addition to completing the necessary forms, which are located in the sidebar of this page.