Sunday, June 16 – Saturday, June 22, 2019
VetCAMP (Veterinary Career Aptitude and Mentoring Program) will house up to 52 high school students on UGA’s campus for seven days. At VetCAMP, students will be involved in various activities aimed at evaluating their skills and competitiveness as future veterinarians, providing mentorship and helping them experience veterinary medicine as an exciting career path. Click here to view a video that was produced from VetCAMP 2018.
The seven-day-long on-site summer program will provide opportunities for observation of and participation in various services in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center and the Diagnostic Laboratories, as well as a field trip to the Georgia Aquarium for a behind-the-scenes view of the facilities.
Other activities include information sessions on admission requirements, research opportunities, the curriculum, study abroad opportunities, and other underserved specializations in the field of veterinary medicine.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for VetCAMP, students must be current 10th, 11th or 12th grade high school students (at the time of application) who are interested in the veterinary profession.
To apply for VetCAMP 2019, please complete all of the requirements below.
- YouTube video (no longer than 2 minutes) answering the question:
What three things about veterinary medicine interest you the most and why?
- Online application (please note – do not begin application until you've completed the required YouTube video, as you will be asked to provide the link to your video)
- $20 application fee paid online
- Official high school transcript mailed to:
c/o Academic Affairs
501 DW Brooks Dr.
Athens, GA 30602
- Completed teacher/counselor recommendation form emailed to email@example.com. Email must be received directly from teacher/counselor.
All application requirements must be received by January 25, 2019. Applicants will be notified via email by Friday, February 8, 2019 on our final decisions.
For additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost to Attend VetCAMP
The cost of attending the program is $900 and covers lodging, meals, instruction and social activities.
Scholarships or financial assistance are available to those students with demonstrated need. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
For students accepted into VetCAMP, fees will be due by Friday, April 5, 2019.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you have been accepted into VetCAMP, but cannot attend, all cancellations must be submitted in writing. The individual who made the original payment will receive:
- A full refund, less a administrative fee of $30, if cancellation is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 26, 2019.
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received in writing by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 24, 2019.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 3 weeks prior to the start date of the program.