Sunday, June 7 - Saturday, June 13, 2020
Application period open Monday, December 2, 2019 – Friday, January 24, 2020.
Serious about veterinary medicine? VetCAMP is the summer program for you to really find out.
What is VetCAMP?
VetCAMP (Veterinary Career Aptitude and Mentoring Program) is a week-long, on-campus summer program for high school students. At VetCAMP, students experience veterinary medicine – and will be involved in activities aimed at evaluating their skills and competitiveness as future veterinarians. The week is filled with visits and hand-on learning at our veterinary teaching hospital, diagnostic labs, and the Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center — and highlighted by a behind-the-scenes tour of the Georgia Aquarium. In addition, VetCampers learn about what vet school is all about – from admissions to classes to study abroad opportunities, to the wide variety of career paths veterinary medicine has to offer!
- Online application
- $20 application fee
- Teacher/counselor recommendation form (emailed directly from teacher/counselor as a PDF attachment to email@example.com)
- High school transcript
- YouTube video answering prompt
Please note that all application materials must be RECEIVED BY posted deadline.
Application and program deadlines
- January 24, 2020 – all application materials must be received
- February 21, 2020 – applicants are notified of our decision via email
- April 3, 2020 – program fee for accepted applicants is due
- April 24, 2020 – full refund of program fee, less a $20 administrative fee, if cancellation is received in writing by 5PM EDT
- May 8, 2020 – refund of 50% of program fee, less a $20 administrative fee, if the cancellation request is received in writing by 5PM EDT