Your partner in the war on cancer
Our oncology team is proud to offer lifelong personalized and thoughtful cancer care for your beloved pet. The team, which consists of oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, imaging specialists, pathologists, a medical physicist and technicians, works together to provide your pet with the most effective cancer treatment possible.
Safety is our number one priority when it comes to the well-being of your pet preceding, during and after treatments are complete. Our goal is to provide the best quality of life possible for your companion while tailoring the therapy to your and your pet’s needs.
Cancer in Pets
- Cancer occurs due to uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells within the body.
- Cancer is common in pets and many develop the same cancers commonly diagnosed in people.
- Early cancer detection may improve treatment success.
- Although not always curable, most cancers are treatable.
- Maintaining an excellent quality of life is the foremost goal of cancer treatment in pets.
Types of Treatment
Designing an appropriate cancer treatment plan is complex, and treatments are adapted to each individual patient. There are often multiple ways to treat a particular cancer, and it is likely that several treatment options will be presented.
It is important to know your goals and expectations when considering treatment options. Your oncology team will respect your opinions and wishes and help determine the course of action that best suits you and your pet.