Here to help when you need us most
Our small animal emergency service is open 24/7, 365 days a year for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of animals needing urgent or emergency care for illness or injury.
Emergencies do not require a referral or an appointment. However, we do ask that you please call ahead to let us know you are on your way so we can be better prepared for your arrival. We will also ask you for contact information for your primary care veterinarian, so that we can keep him/her updated on your animal’s condition.
Once your pet is evaluated and stabilized, we will discuss diagnostic and treatment options with you. This could include transferring your pet to one of our many specialty services for further care or recommending follow-up care through your primary veterinarian.
Our hospital also has a critical care service that is staffed 24/7 and is responsible for caring for animals in our Intensive Care Unit (ICU). This may include those needing:
- 24-hour monitoring by trained technicians and veterinarians
- Intravenous fluid (IV) therapy
- Oxygen support for severe respiratory difficulty
- Mechanical ventilation for respiratory failure
- Blood transfusions
- Blood pressure monitoring and IV medications for support of blood pressure
- Monitoring and treatment of abnormal heart beats (arrhythmias)
- IV or tube feedings for nutritional support
- Intensive management of pain