Offering advanced surgical techniques and wound care
Our soft tissue surgery service specializes in all areas of soft tissue surgery, including surgery of the thorax and abdomen, oncologic surgery, and use of minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, laser surgery, and stent placement. Our surgeons also specialize in wound healing and reconstruction and frequently work closely and support our other services to ensure your pet is receiving the best care possible.
Common and specialty procedures include:
- Oncologic surgery – state-of-the-art cancer care including amputation for bone tumors, mass removals, and removal of tumors from other areas of the body
- Laparoscopic surgery, including gastropexy, ovariectomy, removal of retained
testicles, liver biopsies, and other advanced laparoscopic procedures
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Abdominal surgery, including splenectomy, adrenalectomy, liver lobectomy,
urinary bladder stone removal, portosystemic shunt treatment, and others
- Interventional surgical procedures such as tracheal stents, urethral stents, ectopic ureter ablation, and others along with our interventional radiology service
- Emergency surgery for any soft tissue emergency including hemoabdomen, GDV, wound care, peritonitis, pneumothorax, and others
We also offer feline renal transplants and are one of the few veterinary teaching hospitals in the United States that offer this procedure.